Monday, January 14, 2013

In the Works: Sonja Dress

Indecisiveness is one of my great flaws…but I’ve come to embrace it.  I was supposed to start working on the re-make of my leather pleated mini skirt this weekend.  But I’m having trouble finding good material for it.  All of the faux-leather I've found is either thick upholstery fabric or is very shiny and looks like costume fabric.  I'm still on the hunt!
In the meantime, I happened upon this free pattern from BurdaStyle – and it’s exactly what I had in mind for my blue skater dress!  No pattern drafting necessary!  Hooray!

Sonja Dress by  ElisaSalmePatterns

Unfortunately, I was under the weather most of the weekend and didn’t get much done, but I have started my muslin for the skater dress and hope to finish it this week.  It is a very simple pattern so it really shouldn’t take long at all.  I definitely want to do a muslin first – with a bodice that fitted I’m sure there will need to be some adjustments made here and there.
Pleather skirt will have to wait another week…

No comments:

Post a Comment